lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr4 To Solr6 CPU load issues
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2018 01:41:46 GMT
On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 8:47 AM, ~$alpha` <lavesh.rawat@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have upgraded Solr4.0 Beta to Solr6.6. The Cache results look Awesome but
> overall the CPU load on solr6.6 is double the load on solr4.0 and hence I am
> not able to roll solr6.6 to 100% of my traffic.
>
> *Some Key Stats In Performance of Sol6 Vs Solr4*
> Document cache usage increased from .98 from .14
> Query Result cache usage increased from .10 from .24
> Filter cache same as .94
> Field Value cache was 0.99 in solr4 but n/a in solr6 (i guess because field
> multivalued concept was changed from solr4 to solr6)

It could be faceting... "uif" was the default faceting method in Solr
4 (which used fieldValueCache), which was good for facet performance
but bad for heap usage and index turnaround time (NRT).
It was removed, but then later re-added in the JSON Facet API.  Access
to that was hooked into the older facet API via facet.method=uif

-Yonik