lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: External file fields
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 22:00:29 GMT
Have you considered updateable docValues?

Best,
Erick

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Brian Yee <byee@wayfair.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use external file field to store frequently changing inventory and price data.
I got a proof of concept working with a mock text file and this will suit my needs.

> What is the best way to keep this file updated in a fast way. Ideally I would like to
read changes from a Kafka queue and write to the file. But it seems like I would have to open
the whole file, read the whole file, find the line I want to change, and write the whole file
for every change. Is there a better way to do that? That approach seems like it would be difficult/slow
if the file is several million lines long.

> Also, once I come up with a way to update the file quickly, what is the best way to distribute
the file to all the different solrcloud nodes in the correct directory?