lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautović <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: External file fields
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2018 15:59:21 GMT
Hi Brian,
You should be able to sort on field with only sorted values.

Regards,
Emir

> On 2 Feb 2018, at 16:53, Brian Yee <byee@wayfair.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Erick,
>
> I did look into updatable docValues, but my understanding is that the field has to be
non-indexed (indexed="false"). I need to be able to sort on these values. External field fields
are sortable.
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/updating-parts-of-documents.html#UpdatingPartsofDocuments-In-PlaceUpdates

data. I got a proof of concept working with a mock text file and this will suit my needs.

>> What is the best way to keep this file updated in a fast way. Ideally I would like
to read changes from a Kafka queue and write to the file. But it seems like I would have to
open the whole file, read the whole file, find the line I want to change, and write the whole
file for every change. Is there a better way to do that? That approach seems like it would
be difficult/slow if the file is several million lines long.

>> Also, once I come up with a way to update the file quickly, what is the best way
to distribute the file to all the different solrcloud nodes in the correct directory?