lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Yee <b...@wayfair.com>
Subject DovValues and in-place udpates
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 16:02:04 GMT
I asked a question here about fast inventory updates last week and I was recommended to use
docValues with partial in-place updates. I think this will work well, but there is a problem
I can't think of a good solution for.

Consider this scenario:
InStock = 1 for a product.
InStock changes to 0 which triggers a fast in-place update with docValues.
But it also triggers a slow update that will rebuild the entire document. Let's say that takes
10 minutes because we do updates in batches.
During that 5 minutes, InStock changes again to 1 which triggers a fast update to solr. So
in Solr InStock=1 which is correct.
The slow update finishes and overwrites InStock=0 which is incorrect.

How can we deal with this situation?