lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: can you migrate solr index files from osx to linux
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 21:33:29 GMT
On 2/1/2018 12:56 PM, Jeff Dyke wrote:
> That's exactly what i thought as well.  The only difference and i can try
> to downgrade OSX is 7.2, and i grabbed 7.2.1 for install on Ubuntu.  I
> didn't think a point minor point release would matter.
>
> solr@stagingsolr01:~/data/issuers/data$ ls -1
> 981552
> _mg8.dii
> _mg8.dim
> _mg8.fdt
> _mg8.fdx
> _mg8.fnm
> _mg8_Lucene50_0.doc
> _mg8_Lucene50_0.pos
> _mg8_Lucene50_0.tim
> _mg8_Lucene50_0.tip
> _mg8_Lucene70_0.dvd
> _mg8_Lucene70_0.dvm
> _mg8.nvd
> _mg8.nvm
> _mg8.si

It's almost a guarantee that the index format in 7.2.0 and 7.2.1 will be
identical.  I don't think I've ever heard of an instance where a point
release changed the index format.  It does change in minor releases
sometimes, though.  If the format were incompatible, there would be
errors in the log.

Those filenames look correct ... but it looks to me like they are in
${instanceDir}/data ... they would normally be found in the index
directory inside the data directory.

Thanks,
Shawn