lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: NRT replicas miss hits and return duplicate hits when paging solrcloud searches
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2018 16:44:50 GMT
On 3/2/2018 9:28 AM, Webster Homer wrote:
> I've never disabled this before. I edited the solrconfig.xml setting the
> sizes to 0. I'm not sure if this is how to disable the cache or not.
>
>      <queryResultCache class="solr.LRUCache"
>                       size="0"
>                       initialSize="0"
>                       autowarmCount="0"/>

To completely disable a cache, either comment it out or remove it from
the config.  I do not know whether setting the size to 0 will actually
work or not.

> Does enabling statsCache require a solr restart too? Does enabling the
> statsCache require that the data be re-indexed? The documentation on this
> feature is skimpy.

Most changes to solrconfig.xml just require a reload.  I would expect
any cache configurations to fall into that category.

> Is there a way to see if it's enabled in the Admin Console?

I don't know anything about the statsCache.  If you don't see it in the
Plugins/Stats tab, that's probably something that was forgotten, and
needs to be added to the admin UI.

Thanks,
Shawn