lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 17:38:31 GMT
I presume this error is from SolrJ.

SolrJ has requested responses in javabin format, so it uses that parser. When there is an
error, often a 503 (timeout), the body of the HTTP response is in HTML. When that happens,
this error results.

This was fixed in SolrJ sometime in the 5.x releases.

To figure out the error, look at the Solr logs for a non-200 response code.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org