lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr thread problems
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2018 02:15:42 GMT
On 3/1/2018 4:31 AM, 苗海泉 wrote:
> My question is, what is the relationship between the number of threads
> in the commitScheduler thread pool and what? The number of
> searcherExecutor thread pool and the above have a relationship, why so
> much, thank you!

I don't understand this question.  Can you try again?

Looking at the information you've provided ... are you doing a large
number of simultaneous DeleteByQuery operations?That does seem like a
lot of threads in a WAITING state.  I'm not sure what is going on, but
if there are a lot of DeleteByQuery operations happening, it MIGHT cause
that.

In another discussion, you mentioned having more than one thousand
collections.  This is going to result in Solr creating a large number of
threads.  I'm actually surprised that you don't have far more than 1169
threads.

Every experiment I've done with thousands of collections has turned out
badly, often before I even reach 1000 of them. SolrCloud just does not
like dealing with it.

Three years ago, I filed the following issue about it. Somebody marked
it as fixed, though I have no idea why.  It doesn't appear to be fixed
to me, and there were never any code changes related to the issue:

In that discussion about lots of collections, you asked this:

> Thank you for your advice on gc tools, what do you suggest to me?

I don't understand this question either.  I had just given you some
advice about GC tools.  What are you asking?

Thanks,
Shawn