lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Webster Homer <>
Subject Re: Solr 7.2.0 CDCR Issue with TLOG collections
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2018 23:05:40 GMT
It looks like the data is getting to the target servers. I see tlog files
with the right timestamps. Looking at the timestamps on the documents in
the collection none of the data appears to have been loaded.
In the solr.log I see lots of /cdcr messages  action=LASTPROCESSEDVERSION,

no errors

autoCommit is set to  60000 I tried sending a commit explicitly no
difference. cdcr is uploading data, but no new data appears in the

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 1:39 PM, Webster Homer <>

> We have been having strange behavior with CDCR on Solr 7.2.0.
> We have a number of replicas which have identical schemas. We found that
> TLOG replicas give much more consistent search results.
> We created a collection using TLOG replicas in our QA clouds.
> We have a locally hosted solrcloud with 2 nodes, all our collections have
> 2 shards. We use CDCR to replicate the collections from this environment to
> 2 data centers hosted in Google cloud. This seems to work fairly well for
> our collections with NRT replicas. However the new TLOG collection has
> problems.
> The google cloud solrclusters have 4 nodes each (3 separate Zookeepers). 2
> shards per collection with 2 replicas per shard.
> We never see data show up in the cloud collections, but we do see tlog
> files show up on the cloud servers. I can see that all of the servers have
> cdcr started, buffers are disabled.
> The cdcr source configuration is:
> "requestHandler":{"/cdcr":{
>       "name":"/cdcr",
>       "class":"solr.CdcrRequestHandler",
>       "replica":[
>         {
>           "zkHost":",,x
>           "source":"b2b-catalog-material-180124T",
>           "target":"b2b-catalog-material-180124T"},
>         {
>           "zkHost":",,
>           "source":"b2b-catalog-material-180124T",
>           "target":"b2b-catalog-material-180124T"}],
>       "replicator":{
>         "threadPoolSize":4,
>         "schedule":500,
>         "batchSize":250},
>       "updateLogSynchronizer":{"schedule":60000}}}}
> The target configurations in the 2 clouds are the same:
> "requestHandler":{"/cdcr":{ "name":"/cdcr", "class":"solr.
> CdcrRequestHandler", "buffer":{"defaultState":"disabled"}}}
> All of our collections have a timestamp field, index_date. In the source
> collection all the records have a date of 2/28/2018 but the target
> collections have a latest date of 1/26/2018
> I don't see cdcr errors in the logs, but we use logstash to search them,
> and we're still perfecting that.
> We have a number of similar collections that behave correctly. This is the
> only collection that is a TLOG collection. It appears that CDCR doesn't
> support TLOG collections.
> This begins to look like a bug


This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or 
otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, 
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to 
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please 
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment 
from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its 
subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this 
message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages 
resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and 
any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its 
subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does 
not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted 

Click to access the German, French, 
Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message