lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From murugesh karmegam <kmak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr 6. 3 Can not talk to ZK Updates are disabled
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2018 20:43:11 GMT
Thanks Erik for the reply. We even had 92G heap size for some time at one
time. We were able to run and survive with 64G for the last several months
although with some issues mainly this issue "Can not talk to ZK Updates are
disabled". We have dedicated zk quorum. When we have reduced to 32G we ran
into some other issues. So given all of that wondering is there any options
like G1 GC tuning ?

We are running in 256 GB boxes. The os cache is quiet huge too.

/usr/java/latest/bin/java -server -Xms32g -Xmx64g
-DsharedLib=/opt/mw/solrlib -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=5000
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=30 -XX:ConcGCThreads=10 -Djute.maxbuffer=41943040
-XX:G1HeapWastePercent=20 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=45
-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:NewSize=10g -XX:MaxNewSize=32g
-XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:-ResizePLAB