lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Smiley <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: querying vs. highlighting: complete freedom?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2018 14:29:36 GMT
Thanks for your review!

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 6:56 AM Arturas Mazeika <mazeika@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I missed at the beginning of the documentation is the minimal set of
> requirements that is reacquired to have highlighting sensible: somehow I
> have a feeling that one needs some of the information stored in schema in
> some form. This of course is mentioned later on in the corresponding
> section, but I'd write this explicitly.

Explicitly say what up front?  "Requirements" are somewhat loose/minimal.
We ought to say clearly say that hl.fl fields need to be "stored".

> Is there a way to "load-balance" analyze-query-chain for the purpose of
> highlighting matches? In the url below, I need to specify a specific core.

I doubt it.  You'll have to do this yourself.  Why do you want to use this
for highlighting?  Is it to get the offsets returned to you?  There's a
JIRA or two for that already; someone ought to make that happen.