lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gael Jourdan-Weil <gael.jourdan-w...@kelkoogroup.com>
Subject SolrCloud 7.2 problem with leader election
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2018 13:46:36 GMT
Hello,

We are trying to upgrade from Solr 6.6 to Solr 7.2.1 and we are using Solr Cloud.

Doing some tests with 2 replicas, ZooKeeper doesn't know which one to elect as a leader:

ERROR org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkController:getLeader:1206  - Error getting leader from zk
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: There is conflicting information about the leader of
shard: shard1 our state says:http://host1:8080/searchsolrnodefr/fr_blue/ but zookeeper says:http://host2:8080/searchsolrnodefr/fr_blue/

solr.xml file:
<bool name="genericCoreNodeNames">${genericCoreNodeNames:true}</bool>

In the core.properties files, each replica has the same coreNodeName value: "core_node1".
When changing this property on host2 with value "core_node2", ZooKeeper can elect a leader
and everything is fine.

Do we need to set genericCoreNodeNames to false in solr.xml ?

Gaƫl