lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: ZK CLI script giving IOException doing upconfig
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 15:15:32 GMT
On 4/4/2018 7:14 AM, Doug Turnbull wrote:
> I've been struggling to do a basic upconfig both with embedded and actual
> Zookeeper in Solr 7.2.1 using the zkcli script on OSX.
>
> One variable, I recently upgraded to Java 9. I get slightly different
> errors on Java 8 vs 9

<snip>

> Java 9:
>
> doug@wiz$~/ws/foo(mas) $
> /Users/doug/bin/solr-7.2.1/server/scripts/cloud-scripts/zkcli.sh -zkhost
> localhost:2181 -cmd upconfig -confdir solr_home/foo/ -confname foo_conf
> WARN  - 2018-04-04 09:05:28.194;
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread; Session 0x100244e8ffb0004 for
> server localhost/127.0.0.1:2181, unexpected error, closing socket
> connection and attempting reconnect
> java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer

<snip>

> Java 8 gives the error
>
> java.io.IOException: Protocol wrong type for socket
>
> WARN  - 2018-04-04 09:10:11.879;
> org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread; Session 0x10024db7e280002 for
> server localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:2181, unexpected error, closing socket
> connection and attempting reconnect
> java.io.IOException: Protocol wrong type for socket

I'm with Erick on this.  These are REALLY weird errors. The stacktraces
for the errors are entirely in ZooKeeper and Java code, not Solr code.
The log for Java 9 does have an entry that mentions Solr classes, but
that's a disconnect after the error, not part of the error.

Are you getting any corresponding log messages in the ZK server log?

The ZkCLI class is part of Solr, and does interface to ZK through Solr
internals, but ultimately it's ZK doing the work.

The ZK client that's in Solr 7.2.1 is version 3.4.10.

Thanks,
Shawn