lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recipe for moving to solr cloud without reindexing
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2018 14:38:38 GMT
Bjarke:

One thing, what version of Solr are you moving _from_ and _to_?
Solr/Lucene only guarantee one major backward revision so you can copy
an index created with Solr 6 to another Solr 6 or Solr 7, but you
couldn't copy an index created with Solr 5 to Solr 7...

Also note that shard splitting is a very expensive operation, so be patient....

Best,
Erick

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 6:17 AM, Rahul Singh
<rahul.xavier.singh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bjarke,
>
> I am imagining that at some point you may need to shard that data if it grows. Or do
you imagine this data to remain stagnant?

> Generally you want to add solrcloud to do two things : 1. Increase availability with
replicas 2. Increase available data via shards 3. Increase fault tolerance with leader and
replicas being spread around the cluster.