lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recipe for moving to solr cloud without reindexing
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2018 13:17:47 GMT
Bjarke,

I am imagining that at some point you may need to shard that data if it grows. Or do you imagine
this data to remain stagnant?

Generally you want to add solrcloud to do two things : 1. Increase availability with replicas
2. Increase available data via shards 3. Increase fault tolerance with leader and replicas
being spread around the cluster.

You would be bypassing general High availability / distributed computing processes by trying
to not reindex.

Rahul