lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Json object values in solr string field
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 14:35:29 GMT
On 9/26/2018 12:46 PM, Balanathagiri Ayyasamypalanivel wrote:
> But only draw back here is we have to parse the json to do the sum of the
> values, is there any other way to handle this scenario.

Solr cannot do that for you.  You could put this in your indexing
software -- add up the numbers and put the result into a new field in
your Solr document, so that the information is already in the index when
you do your query.  This could be done with a custom Update Processor (a
Solr plugin that you would need to write), but if you already have
custom indexing software, it's probably easier to simply change that
software than to try and write a plugin.

Thanks,
Shawn