lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Apache zookeeper jar upgrade for SOLR
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2018 08:11:15 GMT
Hi

First of all, you are running a super old version of Solr, with its own set of known security
vulnerabilities[1].
We highly recommend a full upgrade to latest 7.x version.

In some cases, however, an urgent need may call for temporarily patching single jar's. Whether
that is possible
or not is something you have to assess yourself through reading the changelogs for the library
in question,
paying special attention to deprecations and back-compat breaks. If your research concludes
that it should be
possible you simply have to try yourself, and thoroughly test the features you depend upon
in a test environment.

Wrt the zookeeper ant httpclient jars you ask about, the version number difference indicate
that an in-place
upgrade *may* be possible, but you really have to double check yourself :)

[1] http://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html <http://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html>

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com