lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SolrCoreInitializationException after restart of one solr node
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2018 14:59:34 GMT
On 9/20/2018 8:44 AM, Schaum Mallik wrote:
> Thank you for your detailed responses. I am still kind of confused though.
> Just to give you some more insight. When I first created the cloud I
> created to collections and the ‘-d’ option pointed to the directory where
> the config for the collection was stored which was in
> /opt/solr/server/solr/configsets/articles/conf
>
> so as you are saying if I move the replica data to another location and
> restart the node and most probably solr might complain then what happens
> next. This solr node was working fine a week back and the indexes were
> upgraded when they were moved from solr 6 to solr 7

I really think that those cores that won't initialize are remnants from
a non-cloud install and probably have *never* worked.  For some reason,
you didn't notice these errors until now.

If you take a non-cloud Solr instance that has indexes and add ZK_HOST
to make it a cloud instance, the cores that existed before cloud mode
will NOT work.

I just completed a test where I did that exact sequence of converting a
node from non-cloud with existing indexes to cloud, and ran into the
exact same errors you're seeing.  I can relay exact details of the test
if required.

I think that moving the non-cloud cores out so Solr doesn't try to load
them will likely fix this issue.

Thanks,
Shawn