lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautović <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Boost only first 10 records
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 10:29:30 GMT
Hi,
The requirement is not 100% clear or logical. If user selects filter type:comedy, it does
not make sense to show anything else. You might have “Other categories relavant results”
and that can be done as a separate query. It seems that you want to prefer comedy, but you
have an issue with boosting it too much results in only comedy top results and boosting it
too little does not result in comedy being top hit all the time. Boosting is usually used
to prefer one type if there are similar results but that does not guaranty that they will
be top all the time. Your options are:
1. tune boost parameter so the results are as expected in most times (it will never be all
the times)
2. use collapse (group) feature to make sure you get results from all categories
3. have two queries and combine results on UI side
4. use faceting in combination with query and let user choose genre.

HTH,
Emir