lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SolrCoreInitializationException after restart of one solr node
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2018 09:42:56 GMT
On 9/19/2018 9:20 PM, Schaum Mallik wrote:
> The data and index get stored under
> /opt/solr/server/solr/articles_shard1_replica_n1.
> The config directory when the collection was created, that time the path to
> the config was given as '/opt/solr/server/solr/configsets/articles'. I
> didn't use the service installer script. The other two solr nodes are
> working without any issue. Any ideas how I can resolve this.

Do your indexes still work after startup, even with those initialization
errors?  I think there's a good chance that they do.

This looks to me like what you did was start with a non-cloud install
that was using the configsets feature, so instanceDir actually WAS in
configsets, and then converted it to a cloud setup, at which point those
old cores wouldn't have worked right, so you probably created the
collections again.  I'm betting that if you moved those instancedirs
that are under configsets somewhere else (not under /opt/solr at all),
that everything MIGHT be fine after another restart, based on the fact
that in the core list I see xxx_shardN_replica_nM cores for articles and
categories, which would probably be the REAL indexes being used for
those names.

Converting from cloud to non-cloud is a process that requires
understanding exactly how Solr deals with cores at startup, and isn't
something I would recommend anyone ever try do.  Set your cloud up from
scratch in cloud mode.  If you're using the configsets feature in
non-cloud mode, that will confuse things even more.

Also, I strongly recommend using the service installer script.  It
creates a much cleaner install that I find much easier to understand.
The data is entirely separate from the program install.

Thanks,
Shawn