lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <elyog...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: local "q.op=AND" ignored for edismax query
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 17:05:50 GMT
On 9/10/2018 5:45 PM, dshih wrote:
> Based on what you said, is my query supposed to work as is if I set
> luceneMatchVersion=7.1.0?  It does not appear to.

It does look like a luceneMatchVersion check was added to the change in
SOLR-11501, so I would expect that to work.  Setting luceneMatchVersion
will only affect the parts of Lucene and Solr code that have been
specifically altered to pay attention to it.

> Also, my understanding is using the local param makes the AND apply only to
> the following search terms provided to the "q" query string.  If I add a
> q.op=AND as a separate URL parameter, wouldn't that operator also apply for
> everything else in the query operation?

Yes.  But since in most cases localparams have to be at the very
beginning of the search string anyway, and cannot be in the middle like
you have them, this is not much of a limitation.

Thanks,
Shawn