lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Srinivas Kashyap <srini...@tradestonesoftware.com>
Subject Solr upgrade issues
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 09:17:30 GMT
Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading Solr from solr 5.2.1 to solr 7.4.0 and I'm facing below
issues. Please help me in resolving.

1)                            HttpSolrClient tempClient = new HttpSolrClient.Builder("http://localhost:8983/solr").build();

                                ModifiableSolrParams params = new ModifiableSolrParams();
                               params.set("qt", "/dataimport");
                               params.set("command", "delta-import");
                               params.set("clean", "false");
                               params.set("commit", "true");
                               params.set("entity", "collection1");

                                GenericSolrRequest req = new GenericSolrRequest(SolrRequest.METHOD.POST,
"/select" ,params);
                               tempClient.request(req," collection1");

In the back end I have schedulers which call delta-import on my collection1. This used to
work before in 5.2.1 and when this code gets executed, I could see the delta-import was being
run. Now in 7.4.0, I'm not able to see the delta-import running. Does solr restricts taking
external requests in 7.4.0?

2) Also in Jetty.xml , I have configured the datasource as below

<New id = "OracledataSource" class = "org.eclipse.jetty.plus.jndi.Resource">
         <Arg> </Arg>
         <Arg>java:comp/env/jdbc/tssindex</Arg>
         <Arg>
             <New class = "oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource">
                 <Set name="DriverType">thin</Set>
                 <Set name = "URL">jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe</Set>
                 <Set name = "User">XXXXX</Set>
                 <Set name = "password">XXXXX</Set>
             </New>
         </Arg>
     </New>

How to fetch the data source configured in this xml (java:comp/env/jdbc/tssindex)

Earlier I used to fetch from tomcat context xml as below:

                Context initContext = new InitialContext();
                DataSource ds = null;
                Context webContext = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env");
                ds = (DataSource) webContext.lookup("jdbc/tssindex");

How to fetch it in jetty.

Thanks in advance,
Srinivas kashyap