lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: weird error for accessing solr
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 18:39:25 GMT
Sounds like your Solr was restarted as a SolrCloud, maybe by an
automated script or an init service?

If you created a core in a standalone mode and then restart the same
configuration in a SolrCloud mode, it would know that you have those
collections/cores, but will not be able to find any configuration
files (because it will expect them in ZooKeeper, not on disk). So,
that would explain the error.

I would focus on the restart point, maybe check the logs (in
server/logs) and see if there are hints there.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. Unless you are able to see the SolrCloud from one computer and
Solr from another at the same time/back-and-forth. That would indicate
some sort of proxy/routing and then I would look at the Overview page
system variables to confirm the directories/options. But that's kind
of a distant second possibility.

On 18 September 2018 at 14:23, Gu, Steve (CDC/OD/OADS) (CTR)
<czv8@cdc.gov> wrote:
> I have set up my solr as a standalone service and the its url is http://solr.server:8983/solr.
 I opened 8983 on  solr.server to anyone, and solr can be accessed from laptops/desktops.
 But when I tried to access the solr from some servers, I got the error of SolrCore Initialization
Failures.  The left nav on the page is shown but indicates that the solr is set up as SolrCloud,
which is not.

> I am really confused about this and have no idea how to tackle this problem.  Has anyone
ever had a similar issue?  Or any idea why this is happening?