lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ash Ramesh <ash...@canva.com>
Subject Potential bug? maxConnectionsPerHost on requestHandler configuration
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 01:54:59 GMT
Hi,

I tried setting up a bespoke ShardHandlerFactory configuration for each
request handler in solrconfig.xml. However when I stepped through the code
in debug mode (via IntelliJ) I could see that the ShardHandler created and
used in the searcher still didn't reflect the values in solrconfig (even
after a core RELOAD).

I did find that it did reflect changes to the ShardHandlerFactory in
solr.xml when I changed it, pushed to ZK and restarted Solr.

Is this expected or am I going about this the wrong way.

Example RequestHandler syntax:

<requestHandler name="/select" class="solr.SearchHandler" initParams
="search_defaults">
<!-- Only lookups for id use this request handler -->
<shardHandlerFactory name="shardHandlerFactory"
class="HttpShardHandlerFactory">
<int name="socketTimeout">60000</int>
<int name="connTimeout">1000</int>
<int name="maxConnectionsPerHost">99</int>
</shardHandlerFactory>
</requestHandler>

We are trying to understand why our machines have their CPUs stalling at
60-80% all the time. We suspect it's because of the maxConnections, but ran
into this issue first.

Best Regards,

Ash

-- 
*P.S. We've launched a new blog to share the latest ideas and case studies 
from our team. Check it out here: product.canva.com 
<http://product.canva.com/>. ***
** <https://canva.com>Empowering the world 
to design
Also, we're hiring. Apply here! 
<https://about.canva.com/careers/>
 <https://twitter.com/canva> 
<https://facebook.com/canva> <https://au.linkedin.com/company/canva> 
<https://instagram.com/canva>






Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message