lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From James Strassburg <jstrassb...@gmail.com>
Subject Autoscaling with core properties
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 18:23:56 GMT
Hello,

We're creating a SolrCloud in AWS and attempting to use autoscaling to add
replicas during nodeAdded/nodeLost. This was working fine for us until we
started creating collections specifying core properties (e.g.
/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&property.synonyms_datasource=REDACTED).
It seems that when the nodeLost/Added trigger fires the properties don't
manifest in the core create invocation and we get errors like the following:

products_20180904200015_shard1_replica_n39:
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
Could not load conf for core products_20180904200015_shard1_replica_n39:
Can't load schema schema.xml: No system property or default value specified
for synonyms_datasource value:jdbc/${synonyms_datasource}

The autoscaling API also doesn't appear to have a way to set the properties
when we create the triggers.

Are we missing something or is this not supported at this time? I couldn't
find a relevant JIRA or other documentation or solr-user discussion on
this.

thanks,

JiM