lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Samatha Sajja <Samatha.Sa...@samsclub.com.INVALID>
Subject Solr Usage Question
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 20:10:57 GMT
Hi,

I have a use case where I am not sure which type of fields to use.

Use case: For every order line we would like to store statuses and quantities
For ex, I have placed an order with some item quantity of 6. 4 of them got shipped and 2 of
them in processing. I would like to search on status and also need to know how much quantity
is in that status

Our current data model is for every order line. In the above scenario an order line can have
multiple statuses and multiple quantities in those statuses. Don’t want to duplicate the
data as it will update the statuses and quantity very often.

Solution:  Thinking of having a status:[SHIPPED,PROCESSING] and status_quantity:{"SHIPPED":4,"PROCESSING":2}

Question: What is your recommendation? How should I define these fields?

Regards
Samatha Sajja
Staff Software Engineer - TechCA
Samsclub.com Engineering