lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Peter Tyrrell <PTyrr...@andornot.com>
Subject Faceting with EnumFieldType in 7.1
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 15:38:26 GMT
I updated an older Solr 4.10 core to Solr 7.1 recently. In so doing, I took an old 'gradeLevel_enum'
field of type EnumField and made it an EnumFieldType, since the former has been deprecated.
The old core was able to facet on gradeLevel_enum, but the new 7.1 core just returns no facet
values whatsoever for that field. Both cores return gradeLevel_enum values ok when fl=gradeLevel_enum.

In the schema, gradeLevel_enum is defined dynamically:

<dynamicField name="*_enum" type="text_enum" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"
/>
<fieldType name="text_enum" class="solr.EnumFieldType" docValues="true" enumsConfig="enumsConfig.xml"
enumName="gradeLevels"></fieldType>

This simple query fails to return any facet values in 7.1, but does facet in 4.10:

http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/select?facet.field=gradeLevel_enum&facet=on&fl=id,gradeLevel_enum&q=*:*&wt=json

Thanks for any insight.

Peter Tyrrell, MLIS
Lead Developer at Andornot