lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Preeti Bhat <preeti.b...@shoregrp.com>
Subject RE: 6.x to 7.x differences
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 05:35:17 GMT
Hi John,

Please check the solrQueryParser option, it was removed in 7.4 version, so you will need to
provide <str name="q.op">AND</str> in solrconfig.xml or give the q.op option while
querying to solve this problem. By default solr makes it an "OR" operation leading to too
many results.

Old Way: In Managed-schema or schema.xml
<solrQueryParser defaultOperator="AND"/>

New Way: in solrconfig.xml

  <initParams path="/update/**,/query,/select,/tvrh,/elevate,/spell,/browse">
    <lst name="defaults">
  <str name="q.op">AND</str>
    </lst>
  </initParams>

Thanks and Regards,
Preeti Bhat

-----Original Message-----
From: John Blythe [mailto:johnblythe@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:02 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: 6.x to 7.x differences

hi, all.

we recently migrated to cloud. part of that migration jumped us from 6.1 to 7.4.

one example query between our old solr instance and our new cloud instance produces 42 results
and 19k results.

the analyzer is the same aside from WordDelimiterFilterFactory moving over to the graph variation
of it and the lucene parser moving from 6.1 to 7.4 obviously.

i've used the analysis tool in solr admin to try to determine the difference between the two.
i'm seeing the same output between index and query results yet when actually running the queries
have that huge divergence of results.

i'm left scratching my head at this point. i'm guessing it's from the lucene parser? hoping
to get some clarity from you guys!

thanks!

--
John Blythe

NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please
notify the sender and it-support@shoregrp.com immediately, and destroy this communication.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication
is strictly forbidden. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should
check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability