lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Pudney Chris (ext) GBJH" <chris.pud...@syngenta.com>
Subject How to return matches against a multivalued field in Solr search results?
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 07:35:26 GMT
G'day,

We're running Solr 5.5.5 to build a search application for a repository of MS-Office docs
and PDFs.

Our schema includes a multivalued field that holds the IDs of objects embedded in our documents
- there can be 100s sometimes 1000s of such objects per document.

We have a custom query parser that transforms (portions of) the user's query into a search
term against this IDs field. The search results return all of the IDs found in the documents
matching the query.

Is there some way to identify for each document in the results, the subset of IDs it contains
that matched the query?

See also: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3955

Thanks,
Chris.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the designated recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, and delete the original and any copies. Any use of the
message by you is prohibited.