lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Gazzarini <a.gazzar...@sease.io>
Subject Re: 20180913 - Clarification about Limitation
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2018 10:15:55 GMT
Hi Rekna,
I think nobody can seriously answer to your questions. The only
"serious" answer to your questions, which doesn't help you, is "it
depends"; specifically, it depends on what is / are your goal / goals,
context and so on.

Is not possible, at least in my opinion, to provide such answers under
an absolute perspective because they shouldn't make so much sense. Of
course, there are some "hard" limits (if you have 10GB of available disk
space, your index cannot be greater than that) but I believe you can
ignore that: it's better if you focus on (and provide us some other
details about) your objectives.

Best,
Andrea

On 13/09/18 10:07, Rekha wrote:
> Hi Solr Team,
> I am new to SOLR. I need following clarification from you.
> 		How many documents can be stored in one core?			Is there any limit for number of fields
per document?			How many Core&rsquo;s can be created in on SOLR?			Is there any other
limitation is there based on the Disk storage size? I mean some of the database has the 10
GM limit, I have asked like that.			Can we use SOLR as a database?