lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: local "q.op=AND" ignored for edismax query
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2018 01:42:00 GMT
On 9/7/2018 6:59 PM, dshih wrote:
> Query:
> /select?q={!q.op=AND}mysearchtext*&defType=edismax&debugQuery=true
>
> Result:
> "querystring": "{!q.op=AND}mysearchtext*",
> "parsedquery": "+DisjunctionMaxQuery(((Synonym(text:q
> text:qopandmysearchtext text:{!q.op=and}mysearchtext*) text:op text:and
> text:mysearchtext)))"
>
> In the above, I'm just trying to set the query operator to AND while leaving
> the default as OR.  It looks like q.op is being completely ignored (and ends
> up as part of the search terms).

Since 7.2, you can only use certain localparams if defType is lucene or
func.  The lucene parser is the default.  Since you have changed defType
to edismax, localparams will not work.   Just add q.op as a separate
parameter.

/select?q=mysearchtext*&defType=edismax&debugQuery=true&q.op=AND

Or use mm=100% instead.  Which is effectively what q.op=AND does.

This is the issue that made the change in 7.2:

Thanks,
Shawn