lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2018 23:13:08 GMT
On 9/4/2018 3:22 PM, nalsrini wrote:
> Hi,I use Solr 5.3 and I don't have any collection. When I execute the
> following code, I got this error:Error from server at http://:/solr-master:
> Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html.SolrClient
> client = new HttpSolrClient("http://:/solr-master"); String sorld =
> client.getById("c311cda2-1edc-577f-b00c-36310499c9b0");I am wondering why
> this error?thanksSrini

It means that the response was an error, which Solr formats as HTML.
SolrJ is expecting a binary response, but that's not what it got.  The
error *should* include the full response from the server.

If you can't get your program to display the entire error, which should
indicate what the problem was, then look in solr.log (Solr's logfile) on
the server to find the error message.  If you need help understanding
it, include the entire message here.  Such error messages are typically
many lines long.

Which specific version are you running?  Saying "Solr 5.3" is not
specific enough.  Knowing that can be important in understanding Java
stacktraces.

Thanks,
Shawn