lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: 6.x to 7.x differences
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 18:15:18 GMT
On 9/12/2018 8:12 AM, John Blythe wrote:
> shawn: at first, no. we rsynced data up after running it through the
> migration tool. we'd gotten errors when using WDF so updated all instances
> of it to WDGF (and subsequently added FlattenGraphFilterFactory to each
> index analyzer that used WDGF to avoid errors).

The messages you get in the log from WDF are not errors. They are
warnings.  Just letting you know that the filter will be removed in the
next major version.

> the sow seems to be the key here. adding that to the query url dropped me
> from +19k to 62 results lol. 'subtle' is a not so subtle understatement in
> this case! i'm a big fan of finally being able to not be driven batty by
> the analysis vs. query results though, so looking forward to playing w that
> some more. for our immediate purposes, however, i think this solves it!

Setting sow=false is a key part of the "graph" nature of the new filters
that aren't deprecated.  Mostly this is to support multi-word synonyms
properly.

https://lucidworks.com/2017/04/18/multi-word-synonyms-solr-adds-query-time-support/

Thanks,
Shawn