lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr RSIZE memory overusage
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 17:42:32 GMT
On 9/11/2018 11:07 AM, Boris Pasko wrote:
> Hi. We're running Solr 6.6.1 (SolrCloud, 3 nodes). Recently I noticed
> it became significantly slower to respond and did some basic checks on
> servers. There is little IO, a bit of CPU usage (110% user, 3090%
> idle),
> but one thing is very strange - the resident memory usage of the Solr.
>
> Despite the -Xms=8G and -Xmx=8G and despite that Solr UI shows only
> 4Gb heap used, the top and atop shows RSIZE=100Gb+ used by Solr.

Can you share the "top" screen so we can see specifically how it looks?

Run top, press shift-M to sort by memory usage, then grab a screenshot.
Solr is usually one of the big memory consumers, so it should be at or
near the top of the list.  Use a file sharing website to share the
screenshot.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems#Process_listing_on_POSIX_operating_systems

Thanks,
Shawn