lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Unable to enable SSL with self-sign certs
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2018 19:42:38 GMT
On 9/10/2018 12:47 PM, cyndefromva wrote:
> I installed solr 5.4.1 and java 1.8 on its own linux server and used the
> install_solr_service.sh file to install and setup solr. At this point I was
> able to start the process and access the dashboard from a browser. After
> shutting down solr I then attempted to enable SSL via the  Enabling SSL
> <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/enabling-ssl.html>   page using
> self-signed certificates. But I am unable to start the process. Instead I
> see the following in the solr.log file:
>
> WARN: (main) AbstractLifeCycle FAILED
> SslContextFactory@...(etc/solr-ssl.keystore.jks,) :
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/solr-5.4.1/server (Is a directory)
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/solr-5.4.1/server (Is a directory)
>          at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
>          at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)

You left out most of the error message.  The entire thing is MANY lines
long and may have multiple "Caused by" sections each with their own
stacktrace.

The settings you mentioned have "SOLR_SSL_TRUS_STORE" ... which is a
typo -- missing the final T in TRUST.  Is this what's actually in the
solr.in.sh file?

Except for that typo everything seems valid, so we will need the ENTIRE
error from the logfile.  What you included above is also missing the
timestamp that is found on all log entries in solr.log, which has me
wondering why that is the case.

Thanks,
Shawn