lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject Re: change DocExpirationUpdateProcessorFactory deleteByQuery NOW parameter time zone
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 08:22:23 GMT
SG refers to Singaporeand the time is UTC +8.

That means I need to set the P_TradeShowOnlineEndDate date to UTC
instead of UTC +8 as a workaround to it.

On 31/8/2018 10:16 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> On 8/30/2018 7:26 PM, Derek Poh wrote:
>> Can the timezone of the NOW parameter in the |deleteByQuery| of the
>> DocExpirationUpdateProcessorFactory be change to my timezone?
>>
>> I am in SG and using solr 6.5.1.
>
> I do not know what SG is.
>
> The timezone cannot be changed.  Solr *always* handles dates in UTC.
> You can assign a timezone when doing date math, but this is only used
> to determine when a new day or week starts -- the dates themselves
> will be in UTC.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer,
and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments),
whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance
and/or other appropriate reasons.