lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SolrCoreInitializationException after restart of one solr node
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2018 02:29:42 GMT
On 9/19/2018 8:22 PM, Schaum Mallik wrote:
> I have a 3 zookeeper ensemble and 3 solr nodes running version 7.4.0.
> Recently I had to restart one node and after I did that it started throwing
> this exception.
<snip>
> Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: No coreNodeName
> for
> CoreDescriptor[name=articles;instanceDir=/opt/solr/server/solr/configsets/articles]

It is VERY weird for instanceDir to be under the configsets directory.
Especially for SolrCloud.  I know you're in cloud mode because the
ZK-related classes are heavily mentioned in the stacktrace.

Can you share the entire solr.log file after a restart?  If that
directory really is the instanceDir, there should be a core.properties
file.  What are its contents?

Did you use the service installer script?  If you did, having an
instanceDir underneath configsets is even MORE strange.

Thanks,
Shawn