lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Accessing multiple datasource from an entity
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 18:13:01 GMT
On 9/5/2018 11:36 AM, Monique Monteiro wrote:
> I need to add a deltaQuery to a DIH configuration, but it should reference
> a different datasource.  Example:
>
> <dataConfig>
>      <dataSource name="d1" (...) />
>      <dataSource name="d2" (...) />
>
>      <document>
>          <entity
>       query="*query referencing d1*"
>               deltaQuery="*query referencing d2"*
> *        />*
> *      ...*
>
> Is it possible?

As far as I am aware, each entity can only reference one dataSource.
Both of your queries are in the same entity, so they're going to use the
same dataSource.

DIH is a fairly simple tool.  It's highly configurable, but has limitations.

To do what you're trying, you're going to need to build your own
indexing software that can bridge between your data sources and Solr.
There are Solr clients available for many programming languages,
although the only official client is the one for Java.  For all other
languages, the clients are third-party.

Thanks,
Shawn