lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject RE: Heap Memory Problem after Upgrading to 7.4.0
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 19:54:12 GMT
Hello,

Getting an OOM plus the fact you are having a lot of IndexSearcher instances rings a familiar
bell. One of our collections has the same issue [1] when we attempted an upgrade 7.2.1 >
7.3.0. I managed to rule out all our custom Solr code but had to keep our Lucene filters in
the schema, the problem persisted.

The odd thing, however, is that you appear to have the same problem, but not with 7.3.0? Since
you shortly after 7.3.0 upgraded to 7.4.0, can you confirm the problem is not also in 7.3.0?

You should see the instance count for IndexSearcher increase by one for each replica on each
commit.

Regards,
Markus

[1] http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/RE-7-3-appears-to-leak-td4396232.html