lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: How to debug empty ParsedQuery from Edismax Query Parser
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2019 19:11:19 GMT
On 12/28/2018 8:57 AM, Kay Wrobel wrote:
> Here are my log entries:
>
> SOLR 7.x (non-working)
> 2018-12-28 15:36:32.786 INFO  (qtp1769193365-20) [   x:collection1] o.a.s.c.S.Request
[collection1]  webapp=/solr path=/select params={q=ac6023*&qf=tm_field_product^21.0&qf=tm_title_field^8.0&EchoParams=all&rows=10&wt=xml&debugQuery=true}
hits=0 status=0 QTime=2
>
> SOLR 4.x (working)
> INFO  - 2018-12-28 15:43:41.938; org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore; [collection1] webapp=/solr
path=/select params={q=ac6023*&qf=tm_field_product^21.0&qf=tm_title_field^8.0&EchoParams=all&rows=10&wt=xml&debugQuery=true}
hits=32 status=0 QTime=8

Neither of those requests includes anything that would change from the 
default lucene parser to edismax.  The logging *would* include all 
parameters set by the configuration as well as those specified on the URL.

You ought to try adding "defType=edismax" to the URL parameters, or to 
the definition of "/select" in solrconfig.xml.

> EchoParams=all did not show anything different in the resulting XML from SOLR 7.x.

The parameter requested was "echoParams" and not "EchoParams".  There 
*is* a difference, and the latter will not work.

> I found out something curious yesterday. When I try to force the Standard query parser
on SOLR 7.x using the same query, but adding "defType=lucene" at the beginning, SOLR 7 raises
a SolrException with this message: "analyzer returned too many terms for multiTerm term: ac6023"

I do not know what this is about.  I did find the message in the source 
code.  I don't understand the low-level code, and it looks to me like 
that section of code will *always* throw an exception, which isn't very 
useful.

Thanks,
Shawn


Mime
View raw message