lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: So Many Zookeeper Warnings--There Must Be a Problem
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2019 16:28:34 GMT
On 1/4/2019 5:24 AM, Joe Lerner wrote:
> server #1 = myid#1
> server #2 = myid#2
> server #3 = myid#2
>
> My plan would be to do the following, while users are still online (it's a
> big [bad] deal if we need to take search offline):
>
> 1. Take zk #3 down.
> 2. Fix zk #3 by deleting the contents of the zk data directory and assign it
> myid#3
> 3. Bring zk#3 back up
> 4. Do a full re-build of all collections

There should be no need to rebuild anything in Solr once zookeeper is
repaired in this fashion.  The third zookeeper will replicate data from
whichever of the other two has won the leader election.  A three-node
zookeeper ensemble is 100% functional with two nodes running.

You would only need to rebuild the Solr side if all data on the
zookeeper side were lost.  I would not expect this action to lose any
data in zookeeper.

The info you tried to share about your log messages in the original post
for this thread did not come through.  I do not see it either on the
mailing list or in the Nabble mirror.  It does look like you started
another thread which does have the info.  I will address those messages
in that thread.

Thanks,
Shawn