lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Time consuming for insert record
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2019 19:50:31 GMT
On 12/25/2018 11:23 PM, jay harkhani wrote:
> We are using add method of CloudSolrClient for insert data into Solr Cloud Index. In
specific scenario we need to insert record of around 3 MB document into Solr which takes 5-6
seconds.

Is this a single document that's 3 MB in size, or many documents
totaling 3 MB?

If it's a single document, there's probably little you can do to make it
faster other than shrinking the document.

If it's many documents, then the way to increase speed would be to use
multiple threads or multiple processes to index documents in parallel.

If the "3 MB" you have mentioned means 3 million documents, then 5-6
seconds is *VERY* fast already, and it would be extremely difficult to
improve on that.

Thanks,
Shawn