lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Indexing in one collection affect index in another collection
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2019 10:31:21 GMT
On 1/26/2019 4:48 PM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. Below are the replies to your email:
>
> 1) We have tried to set the heap size to be 8g previously when we faced the
> same issue, and changing to 7g does not help too.
>
> 2) We are using standard disk at the moment.
>
> 3) In the link is the screenshot of the process list that is sort by Commit.
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TzxaAqbDJwYO0aHo9GW34p2kncnylRkG/view?usp=sharing

My original thought is still the best idea I have.  I think that the
other software on the system is heavily using the disk cache and not
leaving enough of it for Solr's data.

 From what I can tell, the other software on the system is not using
MMAP for disk access, so the large amount of disk cache usage is not
reflected in the "Commit" number for those programs.

In the last screenshot, the Solr instances appear to be handling very
little index data -- the Commit number is actually *smaller* than the
Working Set number, which will not be the case when there is a lot of
index data.  I'm betting that at the point when that screenshot was
taken, all the index data had been deleted, possibly in preparation for
rebuilding the indexes.

Thanks,
Shawn