lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to access the Solr Admin GUI (2)
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2019 15:37:26 GMT
I typically resolve this sort of situation with a ssh proxy such as

ssh -f  user@123.456.789.012 -L 9999:127.0.0.1:8983 -N

Then I can access the solr GUI from localhost:9999 on my machine, and all
the traffic is secured by SSH. Pick your local port (9999 here) as desired
of course. Sometimes I have to do two layers of this if there is only a
single machine accepting SSH for the remote network. Of course this
requires that the client be able to give you SSH shell access.