lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to force solr show all facet values for the field with an enum type?
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2019 17:41:47 GMT
So really the results you want are q=*:*&facet.field=enumField right?
You could fire that query in parallel and combine the two in your app,
perhaps caching the result if the index isn't changing very rapidly.

Facets were designed with the idea that they'd only count for docs
that were hits, so there's no built-in way to do what you want. Which, BTW,
could be _very_ expensive in the general case. The query would
have to count up, say, the hits for 100M documents...

Best,
Erick