lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kay Wrobel <kwro...@hawkusa.com>
Subject Re: How to debug empty ParsedQuery from Edismax Query Parser
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2019 19:24:22 GMT
Thanks for your thoughts, Shawn. Are you a developer on SOLR?

Anyway, the configuration (solrconfig.xml) was provided by search_api_solr (Drupal 7 module)
and is untouched. You can find it here:
https://cgit.drupalcode.org/search_api_solr/tree/solr-conf/7.x/solrconfig.xml?h=7.x-1.x

Thank you for pointing out the capital E on echoParams. I re-ran the query, but it doesn't
change the output (at least on the surface of it).

> On Jan 2, 2019, at 1:11 PM, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:
>
> On 12/28/2018 8:57 AM, Kay Wrobel wrote:
>> Here are my log entries:
>>
>> SOLR 7.x (non-working)
>> 2018-12-28 15:36:32.786 INFO  (qtp1769193365-20) [   x:collection1] o.a.s.c.S.Request
[collection1] webapp=/solr path=/select params={q=ac6023*&qf=tm_field_product^21.0&qf=tm_title_field^8.0&EchoParams=all&rows=10&wt=xml&debugQuery=true}
hits=0 status=0 QTime=2

>> SOLR 4.x (working)
>> INFO  - 2018-12-28 15:43:41.938; org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore; [collection1] webapp=/solr
path=/select params={q=ac6023*&qf=tm_field_product^21.0&qf=tm_title_field^8.0&EchoParams=all&rows=10&wt=xml&debugQuery=true}
hits=32 status=0 QTime=8

> Neither of those requests includes anything that would change from the default lucene
parser to edismax.  The logging *would* include all parameters set by the configuration as
well as those specified on the URL.

> You ought to try adding "defType=edismax" to the URL parameters, or to the definition
of "/select" in solrconfig.xml.

>> EchoParams=all did not show anything different in the resulting XML from SOLR 7.x.
>
> The parameter requested was "echoParams" and not "EchoParams".  There *is* a difference,
and the latter will not work.

>> I found out something curious yesterday. When I try to force the Standard query parser
on SOLR 7.x using the same query, but adding "defType=lucene" at the beginning, SOLR 7 raises
a SolrException with this message: "analyzer returned too many terms for multiTerm term: ac6023"

> I do not know what this is about.  I did find the message in the source code.  I don't
understand the low-level code, and it looks to me like that section of code will *always*
throw an exception, which isn't very useful.

--

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for
the addressee(s). Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If