lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Solr Size Limitation upto 32 kb limitation
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2019 06:46:18 GMT
Solr is not designed to store chunks of binary data. This is not a bug. It will probably not
be “fixed”.

I strongly recommend putting your chunks of data in a database. Then store the primary key
in a field in Solr. When the Solr results are returned, the client code can use the keys to
fetch the data blobs from the database.

STOP sending this to dev@lucene.apache.org. This is a user question and should go to solr-user@lucene.apache.org.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

> On Feb 10, 2019, at 9:27 PM, Kranthi Kumar K <KranthiKumar.K@ccubefintech.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> We didn’t get any suggested solutions. Could you help us by providing better approach
or a solution to fix the issue?

<mailto:solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Srinivasa Reddy Karri <srinivasareddy.karri@ccubefintech.com <mailto:srinivasareddy.karri@ccubefintech.com>>;
Ravi Vangala <Ravi.Vangala@ccubefintech.com <mailto:Ravi.Vangala@ccubefintech.com>>;
Suresh Malladi <suresh@ccubefintech.com <mailto:suresh@ccubefintech.com>>; Vijay
Nandula <vijay.nandula@ccubefintech.com <mailto:vijay.nandula@ccubefintech.com>>;
Michelle Ngo <Michelle.Ngo@ccube.com.au <mailto:Michelle.Ngo@ccube.com.au>>
> Subject: Re: Solr Size Limitation upto 32 kb limitation
>
> Hi Team,
>

> Thanks for your suggestions that you've posted, but none of them have fixed our issue.
Could you please provide us your valuable suggestions to address this issue.

Michelle Ngo <Michelle.Ngo@ccube.com.au <mailto:Michelle.Ngo@ccube.com.au>>; Ravi
Vangala <Ravi.Vangala@ccubefintech.com <mailto:Ravi.Vangala@ccubefintech.com>>;
Suresh Malladi <suresh@ccubefintech.com <mailto:suresh@ccubefintech.com>>; Vijay
Nandula <vijay.nandula@ccubefintech.com <mailto:vijay.nandula@ccubefintech.com>>
> Subject: RE: Solr Size Limitation upto 32 kb limitation
>
> Thank you Bernd Fehling for your suggested solution, I've tried the same by changing
the type and added multivalued to true in Schema.xml file i.e,
> change from:
>
> <field name="FileContent" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true" />
>
> Changed to:
>
> <field name="FileContent" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"
/>

> After changing it also still we are unable to import the files size > 32 kb. please
find the solution suggested by Bernd in the below url:

> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Re-Solr-Size-Limitation-upto-32-kb-limitation-td4421569.html
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Re-Solr-Size-Limitation-upto-32-kb-limitation-td4421569.html>

> Bernd Fehling, could you please suggest another alternative solution to resolve our issue,
which would help us alot?

> Please let me know for any questions.
>
> <image001.png>
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Kranthi Kumar.K,
> Software Engineer,
> Ccube Fintech Global Services Pvt Ltd.,
> Email/Skype: kranthikumar.k@ccubefintech.com <mailto:kranthikumar.k@ccubefintech.com>,

tried the suggested one’s and still we are unable to import files having            size
 >32 kb, it is displaying same error.
>
> Below link has the suggested solutions. Please have a look once.
>
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-Size-Limitation-upto-32-KB-files-td4419779.html
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-Size-Limitation-upto-32-KB-files-td4419779.html>

> As per Erick Erickson, I’ve changed the string type to Text type based and still the
issue occurs .
> I’ve changed from :
>
> <field name="FileContent" type="string_rev" indexed="true" stored="true" />
>
> Changed to:
>
> <field name="FileContent" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" />
>
> If we do so, it is showing error in the log, please find the error in the attachment.
>
> If I change to:
>
> <field name="FileContent" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true" />
>
> It is not showing any error , but the issue still exists.
>
> As per Jan Hoydahl, I have gone through the link that you have provided and checked ‘requestParsers’
tag in solrconfig.xml,

> RequestParsers tag in our application is as follows:
>
> ‘<requestParsers enableRemoteStreaming="true"
>                     multipartUploadLimitInKB="2048000"
>                     formdataUploadLimitInKB="2048"
>                     addHttpRequestToContext="false"/>’
> Request parsers, which we are using and in the link you have provided are similar. And
still we are unable to import the files size >32 kb.

> As per Bernd Fehling, we are using Solr 4.10.2. you have mentioned as,
> ‘If you are trying to add larger content then you have to "chop" that
> by yourself and add it as multivalued. Can be done within a self written loader. ’
>
> I’m a newbie to Solr and I didn’t get what exactly ‘self written loader’ is?
>
> Could you please provide us sample code, that helps us to go further?
>

> <image001.png>
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Kranthi Kumar.K,
> Software Engineer,
> Ccube Fintech Global Services Pvt Ltd.,
> Email/Skype: kranthikumar.k@ccubefintech.com <mailto:kranthikumar.k@ccubefintech.com>,

But recently, we are facing an issue with Solr Data Import. It is not importing the files
with size greater than 32766 bytes (i.e, 32 kb) and showing 2 exceptions:

> java.lang.illegalargumentexception
> org.apache.lucene.util.bytesref hash$maxbyteslengthexceededexception
>

> Please find the attached screenshot for reference.
>

> We have searched for solutions in many forums and didn’t find the exact solution for
this issue. Interestingly, we found in the article, by changing the type of the ‘field’
from sting to  ‘text_general’ might solve the issue. Please have a look in the below forum: