lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SolrCloud become unresponsive after huge pivot facet query
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 01:35:57 GMT
On 1/31/2019 12:11 PM, Ruchir Choudhry wrote:
> Wanted to start working on Solr bugs, will appreciate if you or some can
> allocate me with some minor bugs.

It doesn't work like that.  Issues are not handed out, it's a strictly
volunteer system.

You'll need to find the issues you want to work on.  It's a good idea to
check the issue to see if somebody else might be already working on it,
and if not, add a comment saying you intend to work on it.

There are some labels that we try to give to issues that we think a new
developer could tackle.  The following search URL should show you open
issues tagged this way, sorted so the oldest ones are first:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20SOLR%20AND%20labels%20in%20(newdev%2Cbeginner%2Cbeginners)%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2CReopened)%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20ASC%20

It's a big URL, and it might get mangled by either my mail client or the
mailing list.  If that happens, hopefully you can reconstruct it.

You can also do manual searches for topics that interest you.

Thanks,
Shawn