lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: High Availability with two nodes
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 15:14:10 GMT
Solr Cloud automatically choose a leader and a follower.

I am not a fan of cold standby hosts, because you don’t really know whether they work. You
have two hosts, so keep them both hot, put a load balancer in front of them, and send all
the traffic to both of them all the time. If one fails, you are still up.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org