lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dionte Smith <dionte.sm...@gm.com>
Subject Schema configuration field defaults
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2019 17:08:26 GMT
Hi,

I have two questions about the field default values for multivalued and indexed.

  1.  Is it possible to make new fields have the indexed attribute set to false by default
for a schema? I understand this wouldn't normally be the case, but we have a use case where
it would be preferable as many fields may be dynamically added via JSON.
  2.  Is it possible to do the same for the multivalued attribute? If so, what would happen
if a field was dynamically added via JSON and it was contained an array? Would Solr be able
to determine that the field should instead be created with the multivalued attribute set to
true?

Kind Regards,

Dionté Smith
Software Developer
dionte.smith@gm.com<mailto:dionte.smith@gm.com>

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific
statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received
this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.